WOMAN GETS 20 YEARS IN JAIL FOR KILLING HUSBAND OVER PENSION MONEY

WOMAN GETS 20 YEARS IN JAIL FOR KILLING HUSBAND OVER PENSION MONEY

Johannesburg – A woman convicted of killing her husband in order to get his pension money was sentenced to 20 years in jail by the Palm Ridge Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday.

Mkhombiseni Gcabashe, 59, was found at home in Naledi, Soweto, lying on his bed on the evening of July 2 last year. He had suffered stab wounds to his upper body.

He was declared dead on the scene by paramedics, Naledi police spokesperson Thulani Mbambala said in a statement.

Police discovered through witness statements that his wife Thembisile Mdletshe, who was 49 at the time, had planned on killing her husband in order to get his pension money before his retirement.

She was arrested and charged for his murder and found guilty on September 28.

“No one is above the law in South Africa and we as the police will continue with our mandate to ensure that everyone in the country is and feel[s] safe at all times,” Mbambala said, while welcoming the sentence.

Facebook Comments

About author

Nigerians in South Africa
Nigerians in South Africa 8278 posts

We are about democracy, human rights, public opinion, political behavior, civil rights and policy aimed at improving the human condition, with a focus on African countries.

You might also like

Coronavirus kills four in New Jersey family

Image copyrightGofundmeImage caption Grace Fusco (centre) and her 11 children Four people in the same family have died from coronavirus in the US state of New Jersey, with three more relatives in hospital. Grace Fusco, 73, and six of her adult children fe…

HERITAGE DAY NOT A CELEBRATION FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS IN SOUTH AFRICA

The Consortium for Refugees and Migrants in South Africa has called for an end to xenophobic attacks and intolerance‚ so that asylum seekers‚ refugees and migrants can also celebrate their

Trump: No US casualties after missile strikes, Iran ‘appears to be standing down’

US President Donald Trump announced that there were no casualties in a missile attack by Iran and that the country “appears to be standing down”.”No Americans were harmed in last night’s attack by the Iranian regime. We suffered no casualties, all of our soldiers are safe and only minimal damage was sustained at our military…

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

You can be first to comment this post!

Leave a Reply